The battle lines have been drawn and the battle rages on. Which service offers will be crowned the victor between traditional office space and flexible offices? They’re both strong contenders for the title of a winner yet their service offering differs vastly. Read further on to know more before selecting a short term workspace.
Flexible offices or renting short term workspace is the new kid on the block. This service offering is making waves for all the right reasons and is forcing business owners to rethink how they use office space.
Traditional offices are usually rented through a long or short term lease agreement that keeps the owner locked in a contract for a while. Flexible offices allow you the flexibility to rent office space as and when you need it on an hourly or more permanent basis.
Let’s unpack the advantages and disadvantages of each before you make your final decision.
Advantages Of Traditional Offices
Traditional offices are usually places where staff members spend an average of 40 hours a week to be productive. Some advantages of using traditional office space are:
- It offers a structured and disciplined working environment
- It allows you to form friendships and valuable work bonds
- It reinforces teamwork and fosters a coaching & mentoring culture
Disadvantages Of Traditional Offices
Some of the disadvantages of using traditional offices are:
- There is a tendency to feel smothered and employees can burn out easily
- It doesn’t allow flexibility to set your working hours
- It requires you to travel long distances to work and sit in traffic
Advantages Of Flexible Offices
Flexible offices are workspaces that allow you to co-work, hot desk or rent an office on a ‘need to’ basis only. It gives you the flexibility to set your own pace when working. Some other benefits include:
- It saves you the cost of leasing office space and commutes to the office every day
- You don’t need any capital to furnish and set up offices
- You only pay for space and services you use
- You have access to superior infrastructure and cutting-edge technology
- You have ample network opportunities
Disadvantages Of Flexible Offices
With all things in life, there are pros and cons. Flexible office space isn’t exonerated from them. Here are some disadvantages to take note of:
- It can become distracting sharing space with people you’re not familiar with
- There’s a possibility of a security breach in your company data
- You can’t brand the office with your unique company branding
So, who came out as the clear winner for you? For us, it’s obvious the wind of change has brought innovative solutions such as flexible offices that improve the way you do business. It’s gaining momentum as businesses focus more on growing the business instead of managing office space. If you are a small business looking for short term workspace, the flexible offices should be your choice hands down.